Sol Web Solutions Blog
Sol Web Solutions Blog is aimed to help, inform, educate and enable our site visitors.
Send Document to Repository missing from Workflow Action option
If you are editing the Collect Signature workflow in SharePoint Designer 2010, and don't see the following action available:
Send Document to Repository
...it could be b/c that workflow is a globally reusable workflow and not specific to a library or content type...which is what the action "Send Document To Repository" needs.
Try these steps:
- Go to the root SharePoint site and create a content type
- Go to your target library where you need to do this "Send Document to Repository" action, and associate the content type created in step #1
- Go to the root SharePoint site
- Open SharePoint Designer
- "Copy/Modify" the Collect Signatures SharePoint 2010 Workflow
- On "Create Reusable Workflow" pop-up / modal window select the bottom dropdown list "Content Type" you created in step #1
- Now when the new workflow is open, type "Send" to filter back 3 options for your workflow "Actions"
- You should see "Send Document To Repository" option now available